Skeleton Cardboard

 
For the Mighty Booshers of this world, there really is nothing better than a quirky skeleton on the back of some london junk. Luckily, there's a man out there that makes this dream a reality, a street artist under the name of Skeleton Carboard.
 
With printed skeletons on train tickets as a contact card, there is definatly something revolutionary about the artists approach to modern art. I get a quick chat with the man behind the art, and discuss everything from tribal workings to mortal enemies...
 
So SC, What would you say is your 'method' when creating new peices?
 
My method just involves finding different materials and surfaces to use as a canvas, really.
 
When did you first start taking an interest in Art?
 
I've been interested in art since I was a young boy, my brother taught me how to draw. Back in the day there were no iPads or even playstations.
 
It's hard to imagine. Where would you want to go with your workings?
 
I'm not sure where I want to take this 'project', It started as short term bit of fun and now people have started to take an interest… time will tell!

What inspired your works?
 
my work is inspired by everything from Basquiat /Haring to African tribal art/Mexican folklore.
 
How do you feel when people interpret your artwork differently?
 
People are free to interpret my work in anyway they see fit.
 
What advice do you have for aspiring artists?
 
Have fun! make some friends (maybe some enemies) and remember you can't please people all the time!
 
How do you feel once finishing a peice, or whilst working on one?

I don't have any particular feeling as I'm working on a piece because I make work quickly, I'm usually thinking about the next piece.

What edged you toward Street Art?

What edged me towards street art ? I didn't know or want to put my work in any galleries so I just left it on the street for people to pick up. Again I was making quite a lot of pieces, so I had no room to store them at home.

FAB

Are you interested? Take a look online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/claudelondon/9645501275/

http://www.shoreditchstreetarttours.co.uk/news/street-artists-donk-skeleton-cupboard-riposte-to-shoreditch-street-art-buff/



 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow me on Instagram

Hayleysphoto

Twitter Updates

Follow me on twitter at @hayleysphoto

Contact Me

Hayley Sigrist